Table of Contents
Our Services use online technologies called “cookies”, “pixels”, “web beacons,” as well as other local storage technologies. This section explains what these technologies are and how they may be used.
1. What Are Cookies?
The types of Cookies used on our Sites may include browser-based cookies, pixels or web beacons, and similar technologies.
- Browser cookies are small data files sent from our website servers and stored on your device or browser that enable the 76ers Parties and our Business Partners to help recognize your browser across different web pages, websites, and browsing sessions. Some cookies remain on your device’s hard drive for only the duration of your visit to the relevant website (“session cookies”) while others may remain for a fixed period and after you close the relevant browser (“persistent cookies”).
- Pixels (or, web beacons) are small, transparent images or snippets of code, also known as “tracking pixels” or “page tags,” embedded in websites, apps, or emails that can be used to collect information about your activity or interaction with a site, app, or email.
As mentioned above, some of these tracking technologies are set and used directly by us, while others are placed by third parties, such as by our analytics and advertising service providers and partners, in order to, for example, help us optimize the Sites and our advertising initiatives.
2. What types of Cookies are used on the Sites?
Cookies may be used for a variety of purposes, including delivering a given website or app experience, understanding how visitors interact with the Sites, and personalizing our advertising. These Cookies may be set by us or by third-party service providers or partners and generally fall into the following categories: Strictly Necessary, Functional, Performance, and Targeting and Advertising.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies – These cookies are necessary for the Sites to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. As discussed further in Section 3 below, you can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the Sites will not then work.
- Functional Cookies – These cookies enable the Sites to provide enhanced functionality and personalized content.
- Performance Cookies – These cookies allow us to measure metrics like visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of the Sites. For example, they help us to know which webpages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around our websites.
- Targeting and Advertising Cookies – These cookies collect information about your online interactions in order to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant ads on third-party sites and services, including on social media services.
3. What are my cookie-related choices?
- Your device or browser may provide you with certain privacy settings or controls that may enable you to refuse, disable or activate certain Cookies. Because each browser and device is different and may provide you with different options and controls, please consult the instructions provided by the relevant browser or device.
- Where available, and depending on the jurisdiction in which you live, you may also visit the “Cookie Settings” tool at the footer of applicable sites and services, in order to disable or activate certain Functional, Performance, and/or Targeted and Advertising Cookies described above for relevant Sites.
If you choose to disable, block, or delete certain cookies through the above controls, note that some of the functionality of the Sites may no longer be available to you. Please also note that your choice to disable cookies may be specific to the particular browser or device you are using when you exercise such choice and so you may need to disable cookies on each browser or device you use to access the Sites.
If you would like to learn more about cookies, there are informational websites and resources that describe these tracking technologies in further detail, such as All About Cookies.
5. Contact Us.
3 Banner Way
Camden, NJ 08103